Sunday, January 08, 2006

I really wanted to be Dorothy!

Sophia Petrillo
Which Golden Girl Are You?



You are savvy, sassy and always on the go! Even if it means borrowing someone else's car without asking! Sometimes you say the wrong thing at the wrong time, but that's why we all love you!

Hands down my favorite show of all time has to be The Golden Girls. Dorothy reminds me of my mother, Sophia reminds me of my grandmother. Mom is fifty-something, tall, smart and well-spoken and her mother is short, in her 80's, and feisty. Grams is the daughter of a Sicilian mother and Italian father, and oh yes--she's sassy, bossy, and always right. Isn't it amazing that she is now in her 80's and has never been wrong? Not even once! I think all the women on that side of the family going back the old country were very much like that.

It's funny because mom and I were discussing the Golden Girls the other day and the subject of the comparison between she and grams to Dorothy and Sophia came up. We both just laughed because without a doubt the phrase "Shady Pines, Ma" is quite common in our family :)

4 comments:

  1. Okay Jess, dear cuz, please write a post about each of your links to tell us why they are listed on your blog. . . they must be interesting to you for a reason, so how about sharing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL come on Juli that'd take forever! Each of the links on my blogroll have something unique to say. Hey how about that Hawthorne Hotel in Salem? Oh my goodness, that is a most beautiful place. I can't wait to visit there someday. I've always wanted to go to Salem and NOW I have an excuse! The place is exquisite!!! And of course the party running it is a mighty nice lady herself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was Blanche.

    "You are sexy, charming and full of life.
    You always have a date on Saturday night.
    Most women glare at you but that's just
    because they're all jealous!"

    Puhleeeeeeeze! I'm married and boring with three kids. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was Blanche, too, and I sure didn't want to be!

    ReplyDelete