Monday, February 13, 2006

Dear Al Gore...

Dear Al Gore,

I am not ashamed to say I voted for you and Bill in the first election. I was young, energetic, a Democrat and full of vision for my future. Your energy inspired me, I thought you two could really take this country in a new direction. I was excited to cast my vote for you.


That was in fact, the first and last time I ever voted for you.

It's no secret to my friends and family that I detest you. The sound of your whining voice makes me cringe. The sight of your pale, vampire-like face on the news forces me switch channels. Your pathetic childish behavior infuriates me. Your inability to put what is best for this country above your own selfish personal goals and need for retribution disgusts me.

Ok I'll give you this--I believe you love your family, your friends, and your status. I'll even go so far to say I believe you love the freedom that comes with being an American. But that's where it ends because other than that I think you're a big fat pompous ass.

Right now I'm torn on whether you are an imbecile or just stupid, but since an imbecile is one whose has "moderate to severe mental retardation having a mental age of from three to seven years and generally able to communicate somewhat and perform simple tasks under supervision", and stupid means one who is "obtuse or tends to make poor decision or makes careless mistakes", I am going with the latter.

Al Gore, I am angry at your serious lack of judgment. You attended the Jeddah Economic Forum, a forum whose purpose is to discuss economic development issues among Middle Eastern and other nations, and you turned it pathetic attempt to gain attention, diss the Bush administration, and the American people.

You said that Arabs in the US had been "indiscriminately rounded up, often on minor charges of overstaying a visa or not having a green card in proper order, and held in conditions that were just unforgivable” and “Unfortunately there have been terrible abuses and it’s wrong. I do want you to know that it does not represent the desires or wishes or feelings of the majority of the citizens of my country.”

Who are you to tell the Saudis you speak for me? You don't speak for me, in fact you stopped speaking for me the day you left office. You have no official position in this country which allows you to speak for me, and so I am angry that you would sit there and tell the Saudi audience that the majority of the American people agree with your statmeents. I think you owe us an apology.

Contrary to what you choose to believe, the American people do in fact want our government to actually put its powers to good use for once, by ensuring that everything is being done to prevent the entry of people into this country who might want to do us harm. We do not want a relaxed, open-door policy, we do not want an expediated system that will process visas so quickly there are possibilities for serious error. We do not want our national security compromised by trading favoritism towards the Saudis for oil.

Al Gore I don't appreciate you insulting the American people when you talked about the abuse Saudis suffered here after 9/11. For the most part the "abuse" you speak of never took place. What did take place was a very real feeling of fear instilled in Americans after learning the nineteen 9/11 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia. Well duh, what the hell did you expect us to feel? Are you going to sit there and tell the American people that you had no concerns? You have a wife, four children, and two grandchildren. Are you going to say that you were not at all concerned? Are you saying you were not in fear? Are you saying you did not support more careful scrutinization of our visa process?

I don't buy it.

Al Gore I am angry that you had the audacity to try and convince your Saudi audience that the fear of Saudis after 9/11 was merely Republican paranoia but the truth is that the fear was held by Americans from all walks of life. After 9/11 we were all scared that more Saudi-funded terrorists were going to strike again. At least of course everyone was scared except you. While we were in fear of repeat attacks you were planning ways to encourage an even broader open-door policy towards the Saudis.

Al Gore, you might think that your comments at the Saudi economic forum were an act of free speech but they were not. Your protection of free speech in the US Constitution does not extend to foreign soil, outside the embassy. When you blasted our President, his administration and our country, you were not expressing free speech, you were seeking retribution in a place where you were safely nestled, in a foreign country among people, many of whom hold some form of anti-Bush, anti-American sentiment.

Al Gore, please understand that I'm all for freedom of speech. You can say whatever the heck you want while you're in America and while I might not agree with you, I will support your right to say it. But if you go abroad and diss this country, make a mockery of our institution of government, our leader, and the American people, then that sir, is unacceptable and I cannot defend that. I'm not saying you have to agree with the policies of the Bush administration, but I am saying that you, having been Vice President and still having enough influence to serve as a representative of this country and its people, have a responsibility to show American solidarity abroad, to represent our country abroad in a professional and courteous manner. You sir did not do that which makes you, in my book, a big fat scumbag.

So in the future, if you can't do something as simple as respect your country abroad then do us all a favor and shut the hell up.

Sincerely yours....

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/13/2006

    Very well put my highly intelligent friend. I couldn't agree with you more.--ST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica- You crack me up! I loved this and the previous post. Read my post on VP Cheney tomorrow. I think you'll enjoy it. I also believe that Al Gore is an imbecile AND a big, pompous ass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, my friend. I'm saving my outrage against him for my Fool of the Week post Friday. Ssshh...

    Fixed your site on my blogroll. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right on the money. Add him to the Jimmy Carter club of poor timing and lack of class.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2/16/2006

    Very well put I am proud of you Pa

    ReplyDelete