Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Pigs!

Who am I referring to?

Reverend Joseph Lowery, Former President Jimmy Carter, and all the lemmings who applauded their Bush-bashing at Coretta King's funeral service.

You'd think for one day the racist hate mongerers could put aside their political diatribes and stay focused on the task at hand, which was to be no more , no less than a eulogy.

But no, they caved and turned their part of the funeral service into an anti-Bush, anti-Republican hate-fest. Now I hate to say this but the remarks from outspoken, bigoted and far-from-esteemed Reverend Lowrey don't surprise me though but I would have thought surely that Mr. Carter, a gentleman and former world leader would have had more grace and dignity than to participate in such detestable behavior.

I was wrong!

Thank goodness for former President Clinton, who gave the longest of the speeches, which eventually droned on towards the end, was respectful of the event and President George W. Bush and his father George H. W. Bush (who lost a page of his speech!) were such class acts.

The whole scene with Lowery and Carter was just pathetic, hell it even made my face turn red with embarassment when I heard their remarks. What made it all worse were the hordes of people attending the funeral who applauded both men, including a two-minute standing ovation for Reverend Lowrey.

It's simply disgusting but alas, it's not surprising.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/08/2006

    You are absolutely right. I didn't watch any of the event, but I heard audio soundbites on the radio. It just shows the absolute tackiness and hate of the liberals.--ST

    ReplyDelete
  2. As strong of a Democrat as I am, I have to agree with you this time. It was totally uncalled for and showed absolutely no respect for Mrs King and her family.

    ReplyDelete