Thursday, March 16, 2006

Even Isaac's a hypocrite!

Why now?


I've always like Isaac Hayes, I think he's just cool. And his character "Chef" on South Park has cracked me up since I began watching a few years ago. He's endured a show full of insults of Jews, Christians, homosexuals, transgenders, the disabled, atheists, and God knows how many other groups of people.

For the most part, the show is an equal opportunity offender, no group (and I mean NO group!) goes un-mocked.

But only now he decides to quit the show after a an episode a few months ago which was aimed at mocking the Church of Scientology. The episode featured San being being hailed as a "reluctant savior" by Scientology leaders while Tom Cruise locks himself in a closet and refuses to come out. The episode was hilarious. Well to everyone but Isaac Hayes.



"There is a place in this world for satire, but there is a time when satire ends and intolerance and bigotry towards religious beliefs of others begins."

"Religious beliefs are sacred to people, and at all times should be respected and honored. As a civil rights activist of the past 40 years, I cannot support a show that disrespects those beliefs and practices." .....Isaac Hayes

Thanks to civil rights he has the opportunity to be on that program and be paid quite nicely for his efforts. And for almost nine years he's been supporting a show that does an awful lot of disrespecting in the name of humor. It's called COMEDY Isaac and the reason so much of this mocking is hysterical is because it's so damn close to the real thing. South Park likes to mock radical people and groups (hell even Saddam was a target!) and let's face it, radicals are so ridiculous they make easy targets.











I'm going to miss Chef but I am looking forward to the episode which you know is coming. The one targeting Isaac Hayes for his hypocrisy. I'll be tuned in for sure, I know it's going to be hysterical!

No comments:

Post a Comment