Friday, March 03, 2006

Salute to "Dallas"

Well it's only fitting that on a Friday I should pay homage to the all-time, hands-down best cowboy drama...er...drama of the 1970's and 80's, which in fact, aired every Friday night from 1978 to 1991.

Even though I suffered through the shitty acting of Charlene Tilton (ok for the record Lucy did NOT look good in that "baby doll" outfit), Pam's exit, the divorce of Sue Ellen and JR, Sue Ellen & Peter (Yuk!!), the death of Jim Davis, the introduction of Cally, Michelle, James, Angelica, Carter McKay, Tracy, Rose, Le Ann, Vanessa and Tommy (what were the producers thinking?) and finally Pam's God-awful dream sequence which pretty much attempted to wipe out an entire season, I still managed to forgive the producers and continued faithfully watching the saga of the oil baron family from Texas, and an evil mogul who had me cheering him on during all of his atrocious, nasty, downright vicious shit. I LOVED IT!!

Holy shit, that man was my idol!

You go JR!


Crank up the speakers and enjoy the all-time best TV theme song

Or better yet...

Click here to watch the opening theme at the peak of the "Who Shot JR" hype

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3/03/2006

    How sad is it that I never got to watch Dallas. We couldn't pick up that station with our pathetic tv antennae. Does anyone out there remember tv antennaes? I was forced to watch Dynasty instead. Which I will admitt I greatly enjoyed and couldn't bare to miss an episode. How many times did Crystal and Alexis actually physically fight?--ST

    ReplyDelete