Saturday, April 15, 2006

Happy Passover!

Today is Passover and like we have done every year since I can remember, we celebrated at grams house. It wasn't the traditional dinner, but we have our own way of doing things. We had a special boiled chicken dish, matzoball soup, stewed fruit, gefilte fish, and the works. And oh yeah a bottle of kosher Mogen David concord grape wine. Last time I had that stuff it was kind of bitter, this time it was nice and sweet. I hung out with sis, mom, dad and grams, it was nice although DH was missed, he didn't want to go. So I had fun anyway. It's nice that mom and dad and grams are only ten minutes away now, I'd be over there more often if I didn't have so much work to do with my class and of course if we had a second car. It was fun though, I enjoyed it. I've always had fun with my family. As grams brought me home today I reminded her of the times I lived with her and we'd stay up on Saturday night watching our favorite programs, like the Golden Girls. We LOVED watching that show, it was our show. Maybe that's why when it's on Lifetime in the evenings, I have to watch it. It makes me laugh and makes me remember good times long ago :) Today dad looked good too, he didn't look tired and he enjoyed us all spending time together.

I've got two weeks of class left and need to spend some quality time on this paper. I feel like I will pull an "A" that isn't the problem, it's that I am a perfectionist when it comes to my classes and I really want to live up to my potential. My writing is important to me, and doing well in it means I will continue to write better papers and do better research in other courses. Once I am done with this class, I can move on to summer and I am registered for an Algebra course in summer. I am no fan of Algebra by any means. In fact it downright frightens me. I just hate all those equations. My math is consumer math, it's the stuff I do every day, but algebra, how often do I use it? Ok I know I've used it a few times. And it's challenging every time I take an algebra course and pass it (last two with "B's" but really I just want to be done with it. I checked and History majors at UF don't need a lot of higher level math, I do plan to take two other math courses and probably stats, but I don't see myself taking college algebra. I don't know, we'll see. I am sure that standard deviations will come in handy in my graduate research somewhere!

I received some good news yesterday. The president of the student body emailed me back and told me he would really like me to talk with him further about becoming a member of the Student Senate and I think it's something I would really enjoy. Hey who knows? First student senator and next Student Body President. We'll see.

For now, I just have to get through the next two weeks. :)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4/15/2006

    I'm glad you had a great time with your family. Happy Passover and Happy Ressurection Day.--ST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to you too Susan :)

    ReplyDelete