Monday, May 01, 2006

Boycott? What boycott?

Yeah I'm still waiting. Let's see...not eating out today, not buying produce, hell nothing I'm doing today will be affected by this boycott/protest/walkout..whatever you want to call it. And the funny part of this is that all of the goods and services the protesters buy, sell or produce will be bought, sold or produced tomorrow. If they're expecting to impact the economy they ought to protest/walkout/boycott for three months--an entire quarter.

Yeah right!! This reminds me of that stupid idea about boycotting gas stations for a day. Yeah ok fine, we'll boycott today and then we'll all just head back there for gas tomorrow.

"As the demands of illegal aliens and their supporters become ever more shrilled and outrageous, the silent majority of Americans are remaining silent no longer. We are proud and delighted that will give a voice to the millions of hard-working, law-abiding Hispanic Americans whose views are too often misrepresented," said Dan Stein, president of the Federation for American Immigration Reform, which organized the coalition.

"These people have been telling us for a long time they hate to be treated like criminals. What they're doing today, throughout the whole country, is behaving just like that," Claudia Spencer, a member of You Don't Speak for Me, told FOX News. "We feel really really offended ... they are hurting everything in the United States, including us, the legal Latinos."


Way to go, finally some of our legal Latinos are speaking up. I knew there was no way in hell that these radical pro-amnesty for illegal groups could be speaking for all the hispanic population in America! By the way, the FAIR is an awesome website with some real solid immigration related info you might want to check out. It's at http://www.fairus.org/site/PageServer


Jeff Salsbery told The Associated Press that he was losing thousands of dollars because 25 Latino workers hadn't shown up at his Carmel, Indiana, landscaping company.

"I'm not very happy this morning," Salsbery told the AP. "We're basically shut down in our busiest month of the year."

I'd be summing up their future in two words: "You're fired"

I am sure Mr. Salsbery will be able to find 25 ready and willing workers, legal of course, who would be willing to earn decent wages. I'm tellin' ya this thing is going to backfire. If I was a business owner and my people walked out in support of this quest for illegal amnesty, I'd fire every one of them and replace them the next day, paying higher wages if need be. These folks aren't the only ones with "economic power".

President Bush says the boycott is not helpful to the immigrants' cause.

"I'm not a supporter of boycotts," he said. "I think it's very important when they do express themselves they continue to do so in a peaceful way and a respectful way."
Uhh....Mr. President, how about saying something, anything about the fact that millions of people who are here illegally will be protesting in the streets today?

No of course not. It's expecting too much.

"We're not officially coordinating a work stoppage. We are leaving it up to every individual. We don't want people to lose a job, but we want to encourage people to stand up for their rights," said Maria Rodriguez, head of the Florida Immigrant Coalition.

Huh? Did I miss something? What rights? How can you expect to enter a country illegally and then on top of that be entitled to anything but deportation?

Denver-area contractor Chuck Saxton, who hires temporary workers, is sympathetic to the movement. "I'm going to go to support them. These guys come here, they work hard and they're honest," he said. "They provide a vibrancy to our economy and our country that is fading."
Oh now that is classic. If this country's economy is fading it isn't because of our alleged "need" for illegal aliens. It is because we have a spineless Congress who refuses to sacrifice their precious power to do what's right. It's because we have people who are apathetic and don't give a damn. It's because we have lost control over the direction in which our country is heading. It's because something called "the law" suddenly means nothing. I talk often of disobedience to authority and how disobedience in the past has made this country a better place. For me it stops here. Our country is suffering from the invasion of illegal aliens from many countries and most of our Congress sits there with their thumbs up their asses trying to figure out how best to pander to the average American voter AND their illegal voter base.

The idea behind the controversial boycott is to make America notice how important immigrants are to the fabric of the nation.

"They're workers," said Juan Jose Gutierrez of Latino Movement USA. "They create wealth, they pay taxes, and they deserve recognition for their contributions to the American economy."
Good Grief! America's "entitlement mentality" has finally gone too far. Everyone in the world thinks that America owes them something. Gotta love it. Hell I was born here, I create wealth, I pay taxes and I've never been recognized for my contribution to the American economy.

By the way, how does one pay income tax, social security tax, medicare tax, when one is hired illegally using fraudulent paperwork or better yet, no paperwork at all.

Hmm....

4 comments:

  1. yep yep yep

    I haven't noticed a thing here in New Cackalaki NC.

    Check out this website and their "demands"

    Demands?
    What the hell?

    http://www.immigrantsolidarity.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5/01/2006

    Well put, Jess! I had to go to the vet today to get some medicine for my puppy. Then I went to Wal-Mart(sorry), the credit union, and the gas station. I wasn't inconvienced in the least at any of these places. I find my life can go on. As I was driving home listening to the news on the radio I heard them talk about immigrant rights. I was dumbfounded. What rights? You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law.--ST

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure miss them illegals. Don't you?

    It's just so darn quiet on the streets... and everyone is speaking English! Imagine that!

    The neighbor's kid even came over and offered to cut the lawn for a decent price...

    Too bad we can't figure out a way to force them all to just go back home and make the price of gas come down at the same time, you know?

    BTW... for the first time in a dozen (or so) years, we won't be having a Cinco de Mayo party. Instead, we plan to boycott Taco Bell, Jose Cuervo and invent some new lyrics to the Mexican national anthem while sucking down some local brew pub mixes...

    BTW... thanks for stopping into Sin City and leaving a few words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anytime redoubt, I love your blog and besides you crack me up!!

    Jess :)

    ReplyDelete