Sunday, May 14, 2006

In memory of Papaw...
















Papaw died today, he was 91 years old. At least now he's no longer in pain. Now he's with his beloved sons Charles and Raymond, grandson Dustin, mother Mattie, father George, grandparents Wesley and Josie, who raised him, half-brother Grady, and all those who went before him whom he loved dearly.

The hardest part is remembering all the good times and wishing there'd been just one more.

Thank you papaw for all the good memories. We will cherish them always. I can close my eyes and hear your laugh, that silly laugh you had that put a grin on your face from ear to ear.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your loss.

    I am going to visit my Grandpoppy tomorrow in the hospital. My stepmother said that it doesn't look good.

    He is 87.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5/14/2006

    Sorry for your loss, Jess. Our lives are much richer from having grandparents. I know you'll miss him like I miss my Papa. Your family is in my prayers.--ST

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your loss. Please take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry that you have lost your dear Papaw. I love the picture of him, he looks like he is full of character!

    (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete