Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Kudos to the FBI...

Man, Louisiana Congressman William Jefferson is in big trouble!


"There are two sides to every story," said William Jefferson. "There are certainly two sides to this story. There will be an appropriate time and forum when that can be explained and explicated, but this is not the time, this is not the forum and operating on the advice of counsel I will not get into facts."

Oh I am definitely looking forward to hearing both sides of this. I am sure the words "racist" and "setup" will come up in the course of Jefferson's defense.

I love this part of the story:



The search of Jefferson's Capitol Hill office is the first time that has ever happened on Capitol Hill, and has provoked controversy, with some lawmakers asking questions about the authority of the FBI to carry out such a search.

Congressman Jefferson Monday questioned the authority with which the FBI searched his Capitol Hill office, calling it in his words, "an outrageous intrusion in the separation of powers between the executive and legislative branches of government."


If there is anything outrageous here besides the alleged crime itself, it's the nerve of the politicians who believe their position in an elected office exempts them from the rule of law.

Personally, I think the FBI deserves a pat on the back every time they nail a politician for corruption. It's time to remind ALL of the elected officials of this country who exactly it is they serve.

7 comments:

  1. Yeah, mentioned this in my blog this morning. His wife is a piece of work, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5/23/2006

    You are absolutely right!--ST

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5/24/2006

    Your racism is subtle. There has been no trial yet, and he's already guilty to you. Jim Crow?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whatever!

    Let's get it straight. "Racism" and "racist" are words bantered about by people who know nothing of their meaning.

    Racism is believing one race is inherently superior to another.

    I don't think I'm superior to William Jefferson because I'm white and he's black. I think I am superior to him because I'm an honest, decent, law abiding person and it very well looks as if he's not.

    I think the people who elected him deserve an explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5/24/2006

    It always amazes me how SOME people scream racism everytime a black person gets caught in a crime. I would never defend a white person who has broken the law.

    Let's be serious here. He was caught on tape, there are multiple witnesses, and the money was recovered in his home. Tell me how he is innocent. No, there has not been a trial yet, but I dare say we have judged the quilt of many a white person before they have been convicted in a court of law.

    You have definitely called the wrong person racist. You couldn't have found anyone less so than Jessica!--ST

    ReplyDelete
  6. You rock girlie!

    Love, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rock on, Jessica. His aide has already pleaded GUILTY to the whole bribery scheme and cooperating with the FBI. Taped acceptance of bribe with undercover FBI agent, cash in freezer, notes back and forth from Jefferson and undercover FBI agent, yeah, Jessica. You're convicting an innocent man! Geez!

    ReplyDelete