Friday, June 16, 2006

Dixie Chicks.....STFU!

I'm so tired of the Dixie Chicks. Yes I once liked their sound, I even have their first CD but after hearing their incessant whining, I tired of them. They might sound good but they are stupid, so stupid. They don't get why people were so pissed off at them for their earlier remarks about President Bush. They throw around their right to "free speech" and hey I'm all for free speech but there's something inherently coward-like about going to a foreign country and dissin' one's leader. I just found that reprehensible, that's why they ticked me off.

And just when I thought they couldn't possibly commit foot-in-mouth syndrome again, there's this exerpt of an interview with the DC's and the London Telegraph:


The Chicks can't hide their disgust at the lack of support they received from other country performers. "A lot of artists cashed in on being against what we said or what we stood for because that was promoting their career, which was a horrible thing to do," says Robison.

"A lot of pandering started going on, and you'd see soldiers and the American flag in every video. It became a sickening display of ultra-patriotism."

"The entire country may disagree with me, but I don't understand the necessity for patriotism," Maines resumes, through gritted teeth. "Why do you have to be a patriot? About what? This land is our land? Why? You can like where you live and like your life, but as for loving the whole country… I don't see why people care about patriotism."


Unbelievable. Do these women live in the same America as the rest of us?

Patriotism is the love for one's country, the willingness to put one's life on the line to defend it and its values. What are America's values? In a nutshell......

“We hold certain Truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.”

There you go, I don't think it could be described any better than that.
The Dixie Chicks can go to hell for all I care. We don't need them or their music.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous6/19/2006

    I'm in total agreement with you. They have crossed the line from exercising free speech to being traitors. How many men died for their right to be absolute morons? Well, I have the right to buy and listen to the music of my choice. THEY ARE NOT MY CHOICE. And that's the freedom of capitalism, Honey!--ST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you rather they NOT have freedom of speech?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog is all about free speech, I encourage speaking out.

    With free speech comes a responsibility.

    First off, there's no right to her free speech in London, ok? Her rights as protected in the Constitution extend to American soil. Second, before they shoot their mouths off they should get a little education in the colonial beginnings of America so they can truly understand the importance of the values that this country stands for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw their video as I was flipping channels and wanted to gag.

    What a bunch of flip floppers.

    I dont care if they have the best album in history, I couldnt listen to it.

    Say what you feel but stick by it.

    dont change your tune everytime a new poll is out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I once saw in interview on television with a celebrity (I am thinking it was Brad Pitt...but don't remember, so don't shoot me) and when the reporter asked him about something or other politically related he basically said, "Hey, I am a guy who wears make-up to work...do your really think anyone cares what I think about ___?)....more "celebrities" would fair well to remember this.

    ReplyDelete