Saturday, June 10, 2006

Dear Hip-Hop Artists: Please REFRAIN from mucking up our National Anthem... Respectfully, America

I normally wouldn't tell anyone to take a cue from Whitney Houston about anything, I mean since she married Bobby Brown she's just turned into a nasty ass crack ho and she's pretty much wasting away these days. But in her heyday, the woman had a voice. Nobody could do the National Anthem like Whitney. I remember living in Tampa during Super Bowl XXV and sitting in front of the TV with a large group of friends preparing for what was the REAL performance of the game----Whitney's rendition of the Star Spangled Banner. It sill sends chills up my spine when I hear it.

So imagine my anger when I hear a hip-hop artist butchering it into a thousand pieces and calling it art. Now, one thing nobody could ever accuse me of is being a fan of hip-hop music, oh hell now I guess I'll be labeled a racist now won't I? I mean middle-class white chick disses hip-hop what more can it be right?

Perhaps our young hipsters need a lesson in what the Star Spangled Banner is all about? Maybe then they wouldn't take artistic liberties in making a mockery of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment