Saturday, July 29, 2006

#13: Movies that scared me!

Back in 1979, I was ten years old. One night my parents let us watch “Salem’s Lot” on television with them. We went into their bedroom which nice and cool from the air-conditioning, I chose to sit on the floor. The movie was scary but I could handle it until the part where the kid who is a dead vampire floats outside that window and scratching at the glass. I was SCARED TO DEATH I could hardly breathe. And then there was a commercial and mom says “Jess will you go into the kitchen and get me another cup of coffee?”

WHY ME? Oh my I had to go out of the bedroom and into that dark kitchen all by myself? How was I going to do it?

I ran all the way in and out. To this day when I watch that movie I can’t help but get a chill up my spine thinking about how scared I was when I watched that scene.

1 comment:

  1. I was afraid of my grandfather's basement for over a year after seeing Nightmare on Elm Street for the first time - and I saw that when I was 14!

    The imagination is a powerful powerful thing.

    Good luck with the blogathon.

    ReplyDelete