Saturday, July 29, 2006

#21: Caution: Glass breaks

When I was 15 or 16 years old and my parents were still at work and sis, bro and me were home alone after school, I got a hankering to play with the BB rifle. Now you know how I'm always bitching about people doing stupid things and then looking back thinking WTF?

Ok, that's me.

That day I pointed the BB gun at the glass window pane on the front screen door and let go. Just one BB is all it took, it shattered in a second. And I shit my pants and was like "uh oh". I panicked and finally came up with a story to tell my parents.

And they bought it.

I told them I shot at a pine tree and it ricocheted and hit the glass door. I didn't really get into trouble, I don't know how my dad fixed it, I think maybe he just got a new door?

It wasn't till a few years ago I told them the truth. When I was an adult and of course when I could outrun them.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7/29/2006

    I set the carpet on fire shooting off m-80's from inside the front door.--ST

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way, I don't believe it!! Good little Susan??

    ReplyDelete