Saturday, July 29, 2006

#28: 8 hours in a bar

I used to pal around with this guy friend of mine about 6-7 years ago. Anyway, we used to have this habit of going to the Ale House every other Friday after work to have a few drinks. When we got there, it was about 5:30 p.m. and the place was pretty slow. I'd be drinking my beer slow early and then five hours later I was doing shots of tequila in between beers. You know what's funny when you are toasted like this? When you walk to the bathroom you are so acting like you are so alert and sharp and your eyes never leave that bathroom door all the way to it because if you divert even for a moment you might wind up in the wrong restroom! Anyway, before we knew it, it would be 2 am and they were closing the place down. And that's when I realized we spent the equivalent of an ENTIRE workday drinking.

Umm...that isn't necessarily a bad thing is it?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7/30/2006

    Just ask your liver!--ST

    ReplyDelete