Sunday, July 30, 2006

#39: Golden Girls!

I must have no life.

I found out that Lifetime television is taking the Golden Girls off the 6 pm slot and putting on that stupid comedy with Reba McEntire and I got really upset. I mean REBA? WTF? Ok someone really should tell her she's too cute for TV. She can't act, she's not funny, but her music is great. WHY REBA did you have to ruin a good thing and try acting. Not only can she not act but the guy who plays her exhusband can't act either. I didn't like him in Murphy Brown, I don't like him in Reba. And the chick who plays his dumb wife? Hello, this has been done to death in television. Note to producers: the blonde = dumb thing is so OLD.

Anyway, I've been watching the Golden Girls since it hit TV back in 1985. My grams and I used to watch it every Saturday night. It was OUR show. And back then I'd think to myself "when I grow up I wanna be a Golden Girl" usually Dorothy (naturally, mom and I are typical Dorothy). I come home from work, relax, cook dinner and the one show we enjoy watching is Golden Girls and now lifetime is taking them off in the evenings. What's to come of my life now eh?

Can I sue?

1 comment:

  1. Ughhh. My wife could watch a Golden Girls channel if they had one (seems Lifetime used to be that channel because every time the TV was on, she was watching it).

    But to replace with Reba. That's just a whole 'nother kind of yuck.

    -- LD

    ReplyDelete