Saturday, July 29, 2006

#5: "Wild Times in Hawaii..."

"When I was in England, I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale and never tried it again." ...Bill Clinton



Yeah uh--right Bill.

I inhaled and I'm not afraid to say it. Who smokes a joint and doesn't inhale? I mean if you don't inhale how do you even know if you like it? Hell if you don't inhale why are you even smoking it?

I was in the military, stationed in Hawaii and we had busy days and at night we liked to let loose. On Friday and Saturday nights if we didn't have duty, most of us were up in Joe and Tracy's room, each of us forking over $10 for booze and food and they'd be off to the grocery store to buy it all.

There was nothing else to do at night in Hawaii but drink and smoke a few joints, or go clubbing in downtown Waikiki. All of that got old but I did get to experience all of it. Ok I wasn't a dopehead, but there were occasions where I would smoke a little here and there. It got rid of the stress and all it really did was make you eat and you fell asleep. That's it. Except those few times I got brave and would walk from my room in the barracks down to the Admin building to visit a friend of mine who was on duty in the radio room. I wonder if those guys could tell that on a few visits I was high as a kite? I don't even remember the walk back to the barracks!

Then there was the booze, HOLY COW, the booze...

One night we had this party in the barracks and we must have had $400 worth of booze in their room in the barracks. Where the Master of Arms was at that time I had no idea. It was a floor party and everyone who lived in the barracks was there. We were watching "Top Gun" which was hooked up to on Joe and Tracy's brand new Sansui stereo system with speakers 4 feet high. I remember thinking that Vodka and orange juice was a real nice combination and so I started drinking them.

And drinking them.

And drinking them.

And drinking them.

Uh I think someone forgot to throw some food in there somewhere. Yep. That's what happened. And a few hours later, I felt funny (not funny ha ha but funny like the world was spinning) and so I ran to the fire escape just down the hall. I opened the fire escape door to the outside and saw some of the guys down in the parking lot, parking their car. The last thing I remember was puking over the fire escape. I really never thought "what if someone opens the door downstairs under me?"

I'll tell you what, I never saw puke shoot like that except of course in the Exorcist when young Linda Blair shot pea soup all over Max von Sydow. Not a pretty sight. Only mine wasn't green, it was orange. Oh man I felt like I was dying. The next day thank GOD was Saturday and I lay in bed all day, then managed to drag myself to the galley for brunch in the early afternoon to which everyone asked me how my evening went. Apparently I had put on quite a show with my puke-fest. Everyone but me had gotten quite the kick out of it. Needless to say I never drank another screwdriver, I was a beer woman from there on out.

Ok mom and dad, they made me do it honest!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment