Saturday, July 29, 2006

#6: Ode to gramps...

Is there some special tv show or piece of music that brings back a particular memory you have with someone? I think everyone could say yes to that.

I have several, among them is "The Price is Right". One summer when grams and gramps had left Miami and retired in North Florida, I had the chance to spend a few months with them. Grams hadn't retired yet and so she worked at Neisner's part time and gramps and I would stay home and hang out together. He had emphysema so he couldn't go outside and do a whole lot and summers were hot so we stayed indoors mostly. Every day about 11:00 a.m. we would watch the Price is Right and at noon grams would come home for lunch and make us boiled hot dogs.

Those were great times. Even now every time I see older episodes of the Price is Right I am compelled to watch it. I love the theme song too, it reminds me of the time I got to spend with gramps.

No comments:

Post a Comment