Sunday, July 09, 2006

Great film

I watched "Million Dollar Baby" this weekend and all I can say is it's "awesome". If you haven't seen it you should. I've only seen Hilary Swank in one movie years back, she seemed like a good actress and I know she's come a long way since then but damn she shines in this movie as does Clint, who also directed it. No wonder he won an Oscar. Superb acting, superb fight scenes, just overall the acting and directing was great. If you want to be inspired, if you like Clint, you should see this movie. It's just awesome!

Here's a girl who had nothing, I mean absolutely nothing--what'd she say--"my brother's in prison, my sister cheats welfare by pretending her other child is alive, my daddy's dead and my mama weighs 312 pounds"--she grew up trailer trash with a trashy mother, sister and brother-- and all she wants is to be a boxer.

I can't tell you anymore otherwise I might spoil it. All I can say is you really should see this movie! It definitely rated four stars in an industry where that is nearly impossible------except if you're someone like Clint Eastwood whose films always seem to hit the nail on the head.

No comments:

Post a Comment