Monday, August 07, 2006

In defense of Joe Lieberman...

I'll admit I wasn't a fan of Joe Lieberman when he was Al Gore's running mate. Long after Al Gore lost the election and I started really listening to Joe Lieberman, I found I liked him. He seems to be a genuinely nice guy with the interests of the American people at heart. He seems to take his job seriously and values the trust his constituents have in him. He appears to be an man of integrity which is so hard to find in a politician.

To be honest with you, I feel bad I judged Joe Lieberman based upon his horse's ass of a running mate. But shit happens.

Joe Lieberman is taking a big risk. By standing up for his principles and for being friendly with the President, he is risking his political future in Washington. For that his Democrat colleagues chastise him publicly, implying he's a "turncoat".

So basically, what the Dems are saying is that party comes before principle.

And to think they call themselves the party of the people!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8/07/2006

    In my ever to be humble opinion, if there is one decent Democrat out there it is probably Joe Leiberman. I can't say that I agree with him on many issues, but I can at least like him. That is as long as he's not running with Al Gore.--ST

    ReplyDelete