Thursday, September 14, 2006

I am floored, just floored...

This article from the Cherokee Times in Cherokee County, GA has just thrown me for a loop.

Some of you might recall this post from several months ago when I told you that my cousin and her husband were finally going to be able to come face to face with the man who killed their son. The perp is an illegal alient who had a North Carolina driver's license obtained with a Mexican birth certificate and a Mexican consular card.

According to the article I posted above (click on "post"), while x-rays taken after the accident compared to current x-rays confirmed the man captured was Gonzalo Harrell-Gonzalez, dental experts say that it is indeed NOT Gonzalo but his brother Roberto, who the man has been claiming to be. Officials believe he knows where Gonzalo is. In the meantime, a family is left to somehow deal with this incredible blow.

I can't believe it. Just when Kathy and Billy might have been able to get some closure to their son's tragic death six years ago, something like this happens. I don't know what to say. If this man is truly NOT Gonzalo Harrell-Gonzalez but is his brother, you're damn right he probably knows where he is.

My cousin Dustin Inman is dead for six years now and this man is still free. Something is very wrong with this. If the authorities never catch him, God will eventually and this man will pay for not taking responsibility for the death of an innocent young boy.

1 comment:

  1. I hope your family finds some semblance of justice and peace.

    ReplyDelete