Sunday, September 10, 2006

My first earthquake!

About 11 am this morning DH was sitting in the living room and I was in the kitchen and I felt and heard rattling of things in the kitchen and a second later DH asks "did you feel that?" and then tells me the futon he was sitting on shook as did the floor. He said "I'm sure it was an earthquake"

Fast forward 2 pm we get a news flash online that a 6.2 magnitude earthquake 260 miles SW of Tampa affected the entire southeast.

Wow that was something eh?

DH and I just looked at each other like "we really need to get a life!"

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9/10/2006

    I was in church and didn't feel or hear a thing. I guess it wasn't strong enough to affect a brick building.--ST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oy Vey, now we have earthquakes???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9/11/2006

    I feel left out. We didn't feel a thing. Or at least we didn't notice it. :-( My mom is in Tampa, and she said it shook violently for about 5 seconds, and it sounded like thunder.

    Robin
    http://smilingthroughthecracks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete