Monday, September 18, 2006

Why is it?

I often wonder why it is that good people are taken from this earth when there's still much left to be done. Before they've had a chance to grow old, or retire and travel around the country with their spouse, or play with their grandchildren. Forty is just too young, there is so much in life that remains unfinished.

When it happens to someone I know, the only reasoning I can come up with is simply it was their time to go. I believe every person on this earth has a purpose and we are each loaned this life for a predetermined finite period of time and while we are here, it is our responsibility to make good use of it. I am once again reminded of this...

A wonderful family I care very much about has lost someone very special to them. Jeanette was a wife, mother, sister, daughter, aunt, and friend to many. You couldn't help but like her, she was simply a warm, gracious and kind soul and she was an honest and genuine person. She was so very nice, always had a warm smile, a kind word....she was a genuine person with a good heart.

It's so strange how the years pass so quickly and life gets hectic and we tend to forget about the little things that seemed so insignificant long ago but suddenly at a time like this, they become so important, so endearing, so full of meaning.

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully written and my prayers to your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9/18/2006

    Thanks Jess. We love her so much and will have a hole in our hearts until we meet again in heaven. Praise God for his gift of Jesus. I know she is resting in his arms and we will see her again. Love, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a shame that it takes something like this to make us sit back and reassess our priorities - hopefully, I'll never forget the lessons I learned while watching my friend die at 37, and never, ever again miss a chance to share my love with those most important to me. Time goes by so fast...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9/21/2006

    Jessica,
    Thanks for your special words here. It is neat to be able to look back and see the how God weaves back and forth through out our lives with such infinate care and some how we are oblivious to it until-- until something like this happens. Then little snippets come back to mind and your amazed and blessed all over again. I know exactly where Jeanette is right now and I am in awe of our Maker. I cry for the broken hearts and the moments made empty by her absence but I know that a reunion awaits and it will be glorious.
    Later, Doodlebug

    ReplyDelete