Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Insanity in a family is healthy...

First off, it sounds like I was right about the whole "gaga" deal, it is true in fact, that my sister Kimmie is the one who gave me my nickname. Mom asked me if I minded that they called me that? I said of course not, even when I'm 60 years old they can call me that. I mean it's not like it's an embarassing nickname now is it?

You know I was telling mom I wanted to write more about the funny stuff that has gone on in our lives, I mean when I said my family was insane I didn't mean it in a bad way. I mean there's good insane like the Brady Bunch and there's bad insanity like the Amityville horror. I like to think we're somewhere in-between. Of course we don't see blood gushing like a geyser out of the toilets and my father never went all psycho on us, and no priests were ever forced out of our house by demons, of course we've never actually had a priest in the house so maybe that has something to do with it. But I do think insanity in a family is a good thing. I think in fact it has kept our family together. It still does.

There's always a family rift, somewhere in our family someone always has a problem getting along with someone else. And it's over really stupid things usually. This family can come together and unite in times of crisis but one little thing someone says to someone else that's taken wrong and BAM! all hell breaks loose. It's the little things that families squabble over.

If you knew my pedigree you would ask how I could be as normal as I am. On my father's side I am Irish, Scotch, Cherokee, English, and German/Prussian. My mom's side of the family is Italian, Sicilian, Romanian, and possibly Spanish. Is it any WONDER I am the way I am? LOL this pedigree can be a lethal combination.

Ok back to the insanity. It's the glue that hold the family together. And only other insane dysfunctional people get along with us and understand. Like my pal Deb, who amazingly fit right in. I always thought she was a classy chick but all that changed (LOL) when she sat down at the dinner table with us and took part in the madness.

After that she was never the same. It's like Hotel California. Oh you can check out anytime you like but you can never leave :)

3 comments:

  1. That's funny...I keep thinking we're somewhere in between the families in "Everybody Loves Raymond" and "All in The Family", with a dash of "Arsenic and Old Lace".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually that would be more true!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, heck I just say my family puts the fun in dysfunctional!

    ReplyDelete