Saturday, October 14, 2006

Went to the White House

My sister and I went to Washington DC last night. We actually had a pretty good time. We had these tickets signed by the President with special numbers on them that this guy gave us (he works there sort of a coordinator of visitations or something like that) and the tickets allowed us into certain places, (kinda like a carnival), only these places were the White House, Congressional offices, etc.

Well I wound up in the elevator of the White House with George Bush, man he is so cool but he wasn't real happy with the red tie that he was wearing and he told his aide as much. He wasn't feeling well either, I think he was catching a cold. I did get to sit down with him in his office and talk to him about college and he advised me. I asked him what I should do because I had checked out books on accounting and just wasn't really sure if that's what I wanted to do with my life. He said I should really think about it. Maybe Sociology? I really liked talking to him, I asked him if I might be able to sit down with him again and he said sure, next time I was in town and he was feeling better.

And the cool thing is the guy who runs the scheduling of the tours gave me a big hug (I must have known him from somewhere) and he gave me a bottle of wine and sent some gifts for my sister.

Also, I am not sure where sis went but grams and my brother David showed up in DC to pick me up and take me home. I wanted to go straight home but no, David wanted to stop and get something to eat. I told him that sis and I had stopped in Virginia overnight on our way up but that I wanted to drive straight through to get home. He asked if I had any of those tickets but see I had been collecting those tickets to see the President and Congress and wanted to give them to disabled veterans.

Before we left, I went to this locker room to clean out my stuff that sis and I had brought to DC with us that we couldn't lug around, I noticed maintenance was there chopping locks off all the lockers. I said "What the hell are you doing?" and nobody answered me and I asked three more times and finally someone said that they cut all locks off lockers at 3 pm if people don't have their stuff out. I said "well there's no sign up telling us that" and they said that was their mistake. I reported it to someone in charge. I got all my stuff, and was really careful to get everything because if I left it behind in DC I'd never get it back.

The President was really cool, we had a nice conversation, just like we've known each other our whole lives. Except he just didn't feel well and we couldn't have much time to talk because his schedule was packed. The White House is awesome, sitting in the Oval Office was neat.

I hope that he gets to feeling better soon, I think it was just a slight cold.

7 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a very long week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why didn't you tell me you were going? I would have gone with you....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10/14/2006

    Good thing Bill Clinton is out of office or I would be concerned about your saftey.--ST

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blog was sort of surreal ... I kept waiting for you to say "and then I woke up and realized it was alllll a dream!"

    So have you thought more about your major?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also was waiting for Jess to say "then I woke up", but since she didn't, we are left with one of two conclusions.....either she's been into those wild mushrooms again or she JUST FORGOT to tell us it was all a dream!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah then I woke up.

    Duh! You guys crack me up. :D

    ReplyDelete