Friday, October 27, 2006

When good days go bad...

I arrived at work in a pretty good mood. Oh I needed my usual morning cup of coffee but for the most part I was actually looking forward to a good day. Fridays are good at work, I use that day to wrap up loose ends from the week so I can start fresh on Mondays.

In good humor I printed out a sign that read: "I declare today, Friday October 27, 2006 to be a CRISIS-FREE day" and taped it up in my office so everyone who entered could see it. I thought it would encourage some positive vibes and a good way to start the weekend.

I must have jinxed myself because yesterday sucked! It sucked so bad I just didn't have the energy to go to my friend's dad's house and clean it as I do every Friday night for two hours (he has Parkinson's and can't do it himself and she's busy with school). The $85 bucks to do some light cleaning of a kitchen, three bathrooms and run some polish over wood floors in a brand new house (which only takes me about two hours) is some nice extra $$ every week but...I just couldn't do it yesterday. I was mentally and physically exhausted--physically exhausted because I hadn't been walking my usual walk every morning and mentally exhausted because I had to take care of a major student-related problem at work which drained me. I can't privy you to the details, all I can say is that a good day went downhill quickly and I had a headache for the rest of the day.

I'm currently working on a 750 word essay for Sociology which is due December 1st. Isn't it like me to put something minor like that off till the end? I have over thirty days to get it done but the assignment requires a lot of research. I am sure that I will do fine but I want to read a lot about my subject before I write about it. How in the world am I going to keep it to 750 words. The prof was pretty specific about that. Guess I'll just have to get to the point and not overkill it ya know what I mean?

Well I'm off....I need my sleep, mom and dad are coming over for a few hours tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment