Thursday, December 21, 2006

It's here, it's here!!

"Rocky Balboa" aka "Rocky VI"

Sylvester Stallone is in a class of his own. While I think Rocky I and II were his best Rocky performances, I LOVED him in the movie "Oscar" a comedy directed by none other than John Landis and co-starring Marisa Tomei, Vincent Spano, Peter Reigert, Chazz Palminteri, Don Ameche, Yvonne DeCarlo, Richard Romanus, Ken Howard, Kirk Douglas, Tim Curry and Linda Gray. In that movie Sly plays Angelo "Snaps" Provolone who makes his dying father (Kirk Douglas) a promise on his deathbed that he would leave the gangster business and go straight. He tries to keep his promise but winds up in the middle of one big mess. It's hilarious, I love this movie. I think Sly is great at comedy! He should do more of it.

Anyway, you gotta love the guy. He's 60 years old and still doing action films. I say as long as he can do it, go for it. Not bad for the guy once voted by his classmates at age 15 as "most likely to end up in the electric chair."

1 comment:

  1. Your dad got me into the Rocky films and I think he's great! I'm really looking forward to this one, although since it's the "final" sequel, I just hope this doesn't mean he'll be going to that big arena in the sky. You know how I hate sad endings.

    ReplyDelete