Friday, December 29, 2006

Makes no difference to me...

I wish I could tell you that the death of Saddam Hussein makes me happy. Frankly I don't feel anything one way or the other. Isn't that interesting? That's because there's a lot more important things going on in the world. You wouldn't know it though with the coverage of the deaths of Gerald Ford, James Brown and now Saddam Hussein. I can guarantee you that tomorrow's news shows will be FULL of Saddam this and Saddam that. And before you know it, the video of his hanging will be on youtube.com.

No thanks.

DH and I like to know what's going on in the world but there's such a thing as overkill and it's one reason we don't watch the news much these days. The media seems to define these days what's important to know and what isn't and we are at their mercy. And so many news broadcasts have turned into opinion and entertainment shows, we just hate it. The only way we know what is going on is when they tell us, after all we can't be in all places at all times right? Think of the control they have over us. They control the information. Scary eh? Anyway this isn't a rant about that, this is just my opinion--that I just could care less about Saddam. We have a lot of problems in this country and the world that need attention. It's time we get down to it. Problem is before you know it, it'll be time to run for President and then everything for months is going to be about that. And oh my GOD that will be such overkill. Yes that's democracy in action but still.....so annoying ya know?

Ahh but this too shall pass...and the media will focus on yet something else for a few months till it gets old and they move on.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous12/30/2006

    I'm in complete agreement with you. I feel Saddam had to die for his crimes, but it's done and I don't need to hear anymore. Happy New Year!--ST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh MY, mom Susan and me agree on something!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, stranger things have happened ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12/31/2006

    New Year's Day Headline:

    DEMOCRAT, REPUBLICAN, AND INDEPENDENT FIND COMMON GROUND!

    --ST

    ReplyDelete