Friday, January 12, 2007

Oh but sir, I didn't realize it was against the code of conduct...

Ok when you join the military one of the first things you learn is that if you do anything to bring discredit or embarassment to the military service, you're going to get into trouble. And so as a veteran, I hardly feel sorry for Michelle Manhart, a Corporal who decided to pose in and out of uniform in a recent edition of Playboy. As reported in an AP story, "Manhart told Playboy that she considers herself as standing up for her rights."

She is quoted as saying:

"Of what I did, nothing is wrong, so I didn't anticipate anything, of course," Manhart, 30, told The Associated Press. "I didn't do anything wrong, so I didn't think it would be a major issue."

"There's nothing wrong with it. I consider myself a very good image," Manhart said, who told the Express-News she'd dreamed of posing for Playboy since she was 12. "By no means did I see anything negative in what I was doing."

Huh? Ok she's stupid in so many ways it's not funny. Forget the fact that her lifelong dream has been to pose in Playboy (eyeroll, please!), why would she want to bring dishonor to her service and the women she serves with and violate very clearly spelled out rules of conduct?

One of the first things you learn in bootcamp and which is reiterated over and over again throughout your service is that you conduct yourself becoming of a member of the United States Armed Forces. Posing nude is not part of that code and I can't believe she could be so stupid as to do it and then attempt to defend herself both in the news and on her myspace site where she is actively promoting her pictorial.

Now she's got herself a lawyer and she's going to sue. Sue for what? Violation of her Constitutional Rights? Oh this should be interesting.

5 comments:

  1. Whoa...I'm still trying to get past the part about her wanting to pose nude for Playboy since she was 12????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1/12/2007

    Kind of an odd dream for a 12 year old, don't ya think?--ST

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh yeah! When I was 12 I dreamed of living long enough to graduate from high school!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hell, I was still playing Monopoly!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is only one word that could ever be used to describe her. "Trash"

    ReplyDelete