Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Foot pain is the worst...

I've been suffering from plantar fasciitis for over two years now. First it started with my arch hurting, then the heel and then I did some research, talked to my doc and I was told what to do but haven't been doing it regularly. And as such there isn't a day that goes by my right foot doesn't hurt and at times it moves up to my ankle and my ankle will be in pain! I have started icing my feet again and stretching and that is supposed to help over time. Shame on me! You know how I go it? Wearing my favorite loafers! They are awesome but no real support. I wear my Asic athletic shoes EVERY day now, even to work. And recently I started wearing the arch inserts I got at Sports Authority last year. With the last pair of shoes the support didn't feel right but it does with my newest pair.

When you have foot pain, everything suffers. It causes back pain, headaches and leg pain because your gait changes to compensate for the pain. Your feet are the most important part of you, if they don't work right nothing will. So if you suffer from foot pain, GET HELP, do something NOW!

I'll keep you all posted, I am determined to bounce back from this.

3 comments:

  1. Awwwwwww, my poor baby...let me make you some nice chicken soup!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3/08/2007

    Hope you feel better soon.--ST

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you were going to buy a golf club, you wouldn't walk into a store and buy the first one you see, would you? Of course not; especially if you want to improve your golf game! You'll want to hold the club, take some practice swings, hit some balls if the store has a practice spot, and look at the price, of course. If you are considering buying running shoes, you need to go through a similar process and take the time to find the perfect shoe.

    ReplyDelete