Monday, March 26, 2007

St. Hugo of the Hills Catholic School has no business banning myspace accounts at home...

This story out of Grand Rapids Michigan is about a Catholic school which has banned their students from having personal myspace accounts----at home! The school claims the reason is to keep the children safe and prevent students from competing for the number of people who link to their page. The school has threatened to suspend any student who does not comply.

The story reports that no parents have challenged it yet.

Just because no parent has challenged it doesn't make it right. What we have here is yet more parents giving up their parenting decisions to some other entity. It makes it easier for them, they don't have to be the bad guy, they don't have to enforce the rules. What a perfect situation!

Does this violate the Constitution? No. The Catholic School is not a government entity. However.....this just isn't right. The parents who go along with this are stupid, I mean for pete's sake---allowing this school to govern the child's life at home?

Unbelievable!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3/27/2007

    If they don't like it they can pull their child out of the school. I would never send my child to a school that I disagree with on these types of issues. If I disagreed with their policy, rescinding it would not be enough. A lack of judgement has already been shown.

    I have a bigger problem with the crap that goes on in public education. Here we have no option and they use our tax dollars whether we agree with them or not. It really ticks me off that public education uses my tax dollars to push numerous agendas that I don't agree with. --ST

    ReplyDelete