Monday, March 12, 2007

Too many usernames and passwords, so little memory...

I was trying to log in to my class WebCT site tonight and couldn't figure out why I couldn't log in.

Three attempts later I was like "DUH" because it hit me that I was using the wrong username and password. I was in fact, trying to use my UF webmail username and password instead of my college ID number and password. Not long ago I tried to log in to my bank account online using my hotmail username and password. No, it didn't work!

In the beginning of the internet era, it was a few usernames and passwords. Now the list DH and I maintain for usernames/passwords to all kinds of sites, numbers over 50.

There's a reason they call the old days, the "good old days". Yes, when paper was king!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3/12/2007

    Oh! You are so right!!!! It drives me up the wall. One day I was standing in front of the atm machine screaming at it because I had punched in the wrong number 3 times and it locked me out. The nice lady behind me said, "Maybe you forgot your number." I said, "No I didn't. I know my number!" I finally figured out that I was punching in Krissie's phone number.--ST

    ReplyDelete
  2. I now have two pages of usernames and passwords, which I guard with my life. I'm not saying that my memory isn't as good as it used to be but......hey, whose blog is this again??

    ReplyDelete