Thursday, May 10, 2007

The "bigot" shoe is on the other foot now...

"As for the one Mormon running for office, those that really believe in God will defeat him anyway, so don't worry about that"

Those were the ever-so-intelligent words of the so-called Reverend Al Sharpton, you know the man who was ordained as a child. Sharpton said those words recently during a debate about religion with atheist Christopher Hitchens.

It's amazing I've heard no call to throw the Reverend off the air (you did know he has his own radio show right?) or calls for him to apologize publicly to Romney and the Mormon population in America.

You know, it's common for people to fear that which they do not understand and it is a fact that Mormons are often misunderstood. But surely one would think that an esteemed (using the term loosely) and well-respected (again using another term loosely) ordained minister like Sharpton would know that Mormons believe in God. Mormons not only believe in God, they acknowledge the Holy Bible alone as its authority from God. While Christians believe God is eternally and infinitely supreme, Mormons believe He gradually acquired that position over a long period of time by living a perfect and righteous life. They believe God the Father has a body of flesh and bones while Christians believe God is a spirit being.

What I find repulsive is not only did Sharpton have the nerve to say such a terrible thing but that none of his supporters have called him on it.

Oh I forget. It's socially acceptable to make fun of whitey, after all, whitey has about 300 years worth of mistakes to make up for....this latest is just part of the "reparations" he owes...

6 comments:

  1. "whitey has about 300 years worth of mistakes to make up for....this latest is just part of the "reparations" he owes.."

    And that's another thing that makes me sick..how long are we going to have to listen to this speech?? Hey, my ancesters had nothing to do with bringing the slaves to the US shores. Hell, they were in Eastern Europe, about to have their own share of problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, but Reverend Al knows all and can never be wrong. Just ask him. He'll tell you so. He is his own god.

    ReplyDelete
  3. jsull28fl@yaho5/10/2007

    the only reason Sharpton has a voice with the Idiocrats is because they can point to him as the picture of evolution! I mean he could be the missing link.
    But your post here is a homerun, and one of the reasons I'll never again vote Idiocrat in a national election.

    Question
    does someone call you Gaga?
    js

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5/11/2007

    What amazes me is the fact that I don't know a single person who listens to or likes Al Sharpton yet he gets so much media attention.--ST

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey JS, yeah how did you know (about gaga!) My dad and mom call me "Goo" or "Gaga" sometimes, it goes back to when I was a little girl and my sister who was a year younger couldn't say my name so I think she called me "gaga".

    Did I get that right ma?

    Now in defense of Democrats, not all Democrats are idiots, just as all Rethuglicans, er..I mean Republicans LOL are not all right wing radical extremist whackos. I think there are common sense Republicans AND common sense Democrats. My mom is a Democrat, tree and bunny huggin' Dem if I ever saw one, HOWEVER---she doesn't believe in overwhelming governmetn intervention, doesn't believe in removing the letter grading system and dodgeball from public schools, doesn't believe in welfare as a handout.....there are lots of Dems like that, and lots of common sense Reps too let's remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, the difference is the pure damn nuts like Sharpton, carter, gore, dean, moore, kennedy and edwards are front and center, thats the difference. It seems that the majority of Dems believe in the things ur mother doesn't
    not the case with reps. I dont like any of them but the reps have by far more class and morals than the dems, and that is made apparent everytime Pelosi, gore dean or clinton (hillary) speaks.

    My cuz'z and kids called my momma Gaga.
    js

    ReplyDelete