Friday, June 01, 2007

I don't like change...

When it comes to my job, I'm a creature of habit so I suppose that has something to do with it. I like working with the same people, I think that the same people working together for a long period of time forms a solid working relationship with good communication and teamwork. Our department definitely has that. And so when the leader of that team decides to step down from his leadership position and assume his former role, it can throw things into a bit of a frenzy and everyone wonders who will be the next leader and what s/he will do.

That said, I will admit that change can be good and one disadvantage of the same group of people working together for long periods of time can result in a lack of movement in a new direction. This doesn't mean the group isn't effective in carrying out the mission, it just means that often it gets too comfortable and it takes new leadership to to come up with fresh ideas and move things in a new direction.

Every team needs good leadership and the ability to work well together. We've had that and I hope it continues with whoever takes the reigns in the months to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment