Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Computers suck part II...

When it rains it pours. All I did was fix something years ago and people run to me with their problems! It happens at home and at work. This isn't a gripe against the people who ask for my help it's a gripe about the fact that I just don't know everything and I can't fix every problem and well...computers just suck!

Of course you know recently I went on and on about computer issues at home right? Well we finally got Vista on there and after spending the better part of my day off last Friday working on DH's computer installing programs he needed and such, turns out that Windows Vista freezes up from time to time when connected to the internet (dialup) and after it unfreezes it disconnects. It was very annoying and so I brought it back to the guys at work and they're diagnosing it and turns out other Vista users are experiencing the same problem. At this point I just want XP put back on and be done with it.

Screw Vista.
Screw Dell.


Dad's computer is screwed up too. I have no idea what's wrong with it. It isn't Vista, he's got XP but he will keep getting these two viruses on his computer, sometimes they show up in the scan sometimes not. Anyway his PC is slowed down, I have done my best to fix it, I am NOT a computer guru, I just do research to find solutions and use what I know to help. But now it's just beyond what I know how to do. I'm not fixing anything anymore--and that goes for everyone.

Everyone will have to find their own computer guru cause it isn't me. It's just too much stress and when things don't work out right, if I don't work on it, I won't be responsible!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7/03/2007

    But, Jess, I have this problem with my computer and I just know you can help.....--ST

    ReplyDelete