Sunday, July 15, 2007

"I want to apologize for all the trouble this has caused."

What? Are you kidding me?

Miss New Jersey Amy Polumbo was recently the victim of blackmail and decided to go public with the photos. I say good for her.

Of course she disappointed me a bit when she apologized. Why apologize? She didn't do anything wrong, in the pics she was a college kid having fun. I've seen the pictures as has the rest of the country and they're no big deal. Why should a person apologize when they've done nothing wrong?

While I'm not a fan of pageants because of their promotion of physical beauty over any other qualities, I will say kudos to Amy Polumbo for standing up for herself and for paving the way for future contestants. You know this sort of thing wouldn't be a problem if the pageant officials weren't hell bent on insisting these contestants have such a fairy tale image.

What fairy tale image you ask?

The one of perfection. As Amy Polumbo said, she's a human, not a robot.

Cut her some slack.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't see anything in the photos that would be blackmail material.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After seeing the photos on tv, all I could say was, "that's it?".

    Big deal.

    ReplyDelete