Monday, August 06, 2007

Tired of solving everyone's problems...

I must admit that I am becoming tired of solving other people's problems. I know a large part of my job is problem solving and I'm good at it, but that doesn't mean I like it all the time. All last week I did done nothing but paperwork related to putting out fires and solving problems--registration problems, pay problems, fee waiver problems, curriculum problem, graduation problems, the list goes on and on. Much of the problem solving takes place because someone somewhere, be it student or staff person didn't do their job. Usually it's the student not having done something they were supposed to do a long time ago that gets them into these messes. Other times it's really not their fault when someone at the institution screws up.

A student actually asked me:

What do I need to do to graduate?

Huh?

You're in your last semester and you're just now asking that question?

No comments:

Post a Comment