Friday, November 09, 2007

I'm too reliant on technology!

I don't have a cell phone, IPOD, or any other fancy expensive gadget, unless you count the 1GB MP3 my mother-in-law gave me for Christmas last year. Other than that it's just a simple PC with a scanner and printer that keeps me busy. I rely heavily on the computer to do my genealogy, schoolwork, and other projects. Which is why when it crashed the other day I lost it. It was already bad enough that I had a terrible cold but not being able to use the computer sucked. I thought it couldn't get worse. But it did. That same day I couldn't find my flash drive. I rely on the flash drive every semester, carrying a flash drive full of current term coursework back and forth between home and work so I can do my assignments anywhere. Well I lost it, couldn't find it, tore the house apart and nothing. I figured there must be a reason why.

By today I was completely over my allergies and cold, one of the guys at work nuked my PC and started over, AND I found my flash drive. Now that last one is the weirdest thing. I looked in this onc place a dozen or so times, knowing this is where I always put the flash drive when I plan to take it to work the next day. Even DH looked in it and never found it. When I dumped it upside down this evening guess what fell out?

Yep, there it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment