Wednesday, November 21, 2007

You can't go home again...

Sometimes I fear those closest to me are slipping into persons I don't recognize. But perhaps I'm also slipping into someone they don't recognize either. I tend to be nostalgic--enjoying reminiscing about the times when life was simple. Of course it wasn't simple back then, but it seems so simple now. If only we knew then what we know now. Even with the dysfunction, the rough times, the tense moments, the fear, the awkwardness, the pain, things were good. And now everyone is grown up, times change, circumstances change, people change.

Thomas Wolfe wrote a book titled "You can't go home again."

It was about something somewhat different but still the title itself resonates...

1 comment:

  1. I think what Wolfe meant was that you can never go home and have it like it was when you were younger. As you said, people change, we're all growing older, our opinions change, our outlook on life has changed, but you will always HAVE a home to come to and we will always be your parents, who love you, as much as before, if not more..

    ReplyDelete