Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A difficult battle...

I'm just bitching here because I got sick yesterday when I came home from work and I'm just feeling well----bitchy.

I was doing great on the weight watchers (online) but several months ago something happened and I started slacking. RQ and I would weigh ourselves at work on a simple bathroom scale then I bought a weight watchers scale and it had me 20 pounds more so I had to go with that since they are very reliable. That was tough! I'm still weighing every Tuesday morning at home (lost three pounds since last week, but I'd gained a few pounds back in previous months) and DH wants to lose too and we're trying to eat right but I haven't been exercising. I was doing so good and really feeling great--which came straight from that feeling of accomplishment! Now I get depressed again about it for not reaching my goal yet and for not sticking to the change in lifestyle plan.

I've got to get back into it. I told DH no trigger foods like chocolate, pasta or desserts. Of course we don't eat that stuff normally but I don't want it in the house period, not right now. Stress makes me eat, not a lot, but something like chocolate or pasta that I wouldn't normally eat except once a month or so. Also several nights in the past few months we got home from work late because of errands and we'd stop at fast food. I hate fast food, so why do we do it?

I told DH we have to plan our trips better and be sure NOT to stop at those places. It's one of the reasons I hate running errands after work, I just want to get home and get into the evening routine.

I've got to get back into this. I can't let school or anything else get in the way. Look folks, I'm 38 years old, I'm not doing this to look like I did when I was much younger, I'm doing it for my health, to be the healthiest I can be, live a healthy lifestyle and not have the health problems many people get when they get older because they made the wrong choices when they were younger. I don't want to look back and have regrets because I could have changed something and didn't.

I can do this!!!

Now I'm tired--maybe I can sleep this off, off to bed I go!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12/18/2007

    Hi Jess! You are beautiful both inside and out. I know you can do it and I admire your strength. Don't let anything get you down. There are oodles of people who face the same struggles. It isn't easy. I don't have to worry about weight, but I should eat healthier. I already have high blood pressure. Robert and I keep talking about starting an exercise program, but I HATE to exercise. Maybe you will inspire me! I'll let you know:-)ST

    ReplyDelete
  2. C'mon, Jess, we can do this! Just keep your eye on the goal. It is so worth it. Track your points, take a walk. That's all there is to it :->

    ReplyDelete