Sunday, December 30, 2007

My goals in the New Year...

I can't believe we'll be going back to work Wednesday. I can't believe we'll be stating school again on the 7th. I can't believe that this vacation has passed by so quickly. What did I do with all this time? Well I can't brood on what I did or didn't do (sorry dad that I didn't make it over there as much as I wanted to, to help you clean out the workshop!!), but it seems that every day here something had to be done. I had a lot of reading I wanted to do, some cleaning up and organizing, working inside and out of the house and before I realized it---the time is coming to an end.

I've been thinking about what I want to accomplish this year. I don't do resolutions because well--I find that when I make one, I rarely stick to it. All I am going to do is try to stay on track with my goals--long term and short term. As long as I continue to make progress towards achieving them, that's good enough for me. My short-term goals include doing the best I can in my classes this next year, learning to relax and take more time for me. My long-term goals include getting more involved in a few chosen charitable ventures, graduating from college, going to graduate school, and working towards a career I will enjoy. One goal that is both short and long term is continuing my progress towards a healthy and happy lifestyle--eating right, exercising, getting plenty of fresh air and relaxation, and maintaining a relationship with family and friends. That one long/short term goal is a quest which never ends, nor should it. We should all seek to be happy, and when we reach happiness, we should enjoy it.

Anyway, funny how I went from a miserable grinch on Christmas Day to this eh? Hey everyone who knows me knows me to be happy go lucky, but even I am entitled to be a bitch when I need to be, right?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12/31/2007

    Well, I just better call my sister to see if the grumpies have left her as well.

    Happy New Year!--ST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12/31/2007

    Happy New Year from the North where it is snowing on New Year's Eve.

    ReplyDelete