Saturday, December 15, 2007

Today I was lazy...

But I did have enough energy to go over and visit with ma and pa and grams on the homestead. Since they tore down that old porch the place looks a whole lot better. They've purchased some $15,000 worth of materials and are about to start remodeling a 27 year old doublewide manufactured home. When they're done, it'll be awesome. At one time when pa would ask "where do we start?" but now he's got a plan. Wait till you see the place when it's finished, you won't recognize it.

Saw my aunt and uncle today. It was just my luck they were there when I pulled up. I drove straight to grams house hoping I'd miss them but when I walked over to ma and pa's they were still there. I talked to pa and ignored my uncle. I really didn't know what to say to him.

Back in July I told you the story about the email my uncle sent me asking me not to use the word "friggin" in my emails because it was a curse word. I replied that it wasn't a curse word and he actually took the time to go to several online dictionaries and copy and paste the definition of the word "friggin". I replied to he and my aunt that I was tired of him acting like he knew everything. He hasn't spoken to me since. I don't dislike him, it's just that I'm tired of him always being right and the rest of us being wrong (kinda like DH is at times). I don't feel like I can be myself around him because if I have a differing opinion I'm likely to be hammered with his opinion which of course is always right. My aunt thinks my going over there might have something to do with DH not liking them but actually he's got nothing against them, it's just that until uncle gets off his moral high horse, I just can't go over there.

I wish family could be simple but it isn't. If it were simple, the world would be a boring place, at least my world. For some reason, while I loathe conflict, sometimes I thrive on it. My goodness that's so awful isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12/17/2007

    Sounds perfectly normal to me. I think everyone can relate.--ST

    ReplyDelete