Tuesday, January 29, 2008

If you're this stupid, you deserve what you get...

Vernon & Marty Ummel of San Diego are filing a lawsuit against the realtor who sold them their new $1.2 million luxury home--back in 2005.

Mrs. Ummel claims the realtor didn't give her a written appraisal until after the deal went through, that he had told them the appraisal value and they took him on his word. She claims other homes in the same subdivision are going for $105,000 to $175,000 less than what their house is actually worth.

They're asking for $105,000 in damages.

I don't even have to go into the whole "buyer beware" and "get everything in writing" now do I? I mean for most adults, that's just common sense. Unless of course you're so wealthy that you don't have to have common sense, in which case you hire someone to have it for you.

I hope they lose this one, what a lesson eh?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1/31/2008

    Wow. I'm speechless....JW

    ReplyDelete