Monday, January 07, 2008

More crappy customer service "thesmallscreen.org"

On December 29th my dad ordered a $17.00 DVD from a yahoo online store called The Small Screen whose motto on their own website is:

GUARANTEED DELIVERY!

HA!

Dad gave them his debit account number (I know, I know, there are risks) and awaited them to ship the movie. As of today, they've charged his checking account for the $17 but have not shipped the movie. He has notified his bank and they are keeping an eye on his account.

Thesmallscreen.org refuses to return emails and their voice mail is full. When dad visits their website, he gets a screen that requires username and password. I found a way around it by searching them on google then clicking on the cached page which is here. When you click on that, the password screen comes up, but if you click "cancel" four times, the actual cached page with contact and other info will come up.

Thesmallscreen.org is a fraud, I would highly recommend NOT shopping online with these crooks. And I will continue to talk shit about them even if they make things right. This is not the way to do business.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous1/11/2008

    I had the same experience on the same day. Their phone number is located in Leesburg Florida, though their p.o. box is in Pa. This company is clearly a phony front. I have filed a complaint at BBB Pa and sent one by e-mail to the Leesburg police. I also used a debit card because they were at one time regestered at Yahoo!Shop.

    I also complained to Yahoo! but got the same indifference that comes from a company that makes too much money. I am resently writing my senators and reps, not because the amount is high but because so many of us have been ripped off by these bastards. Friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scammed Andrew1/11/2008

    I also got scammed. Luckily, I've done all of my transactions with them through PayPal, so my credit card is not exposed.

    I am currently looking to file a dispute through PayPal, and we'll see how that goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1/12/2008

    Believe it or not, I received my DVD after posting to Jess's original complaint! The cost of mailing was $1.70 approximately who it was a free mailing. I would seriously suggest that they change the way that they do business, however.

    I have not played the dvd but it looks like a bootleg copy, since other sources only offer the film in vcr.

    Good luck to you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1/13/2008

    Went through the same nonsense and, after reading your blog, sent a nasty note with references to the state attorney general. Thing was finally mailed a month late and, as one other stated, looks like a bootleg copy. BUT...at least it arrived! I think that these folks are just really lousy at running a business.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1/21/2008

    First, thanks for offering a forum to compain about this stupid company.

    In this case, The Small Screen really means the small brain. I have it from a good source that they will be dropped as a vendor of Yahoo! Shopping, due to their broken promises and overall unprofessional behavior.

    Yes, they do have a disclaimer on their website about 'best possible quality,' but if you saw the umbelievably poor image quality and heard the loud interference, as well as the words 'DIGITAL RECAPTURING' flashing across the image, you would immediately identify this as a bootleg. I should have known by looking at the disc - it has no print whatsoever.

    Anyway, I have had to resort to my credit card company for a refund, as I contacted thesmallscreen several times with no reply. I would say that their days are numbered - and GOOD RIDDANCE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1/28/2008

    My mother ordered a DVD and received it in timely fashion, but didn't trust it as the case wasn't sealed. She checked it and it played ok. I ordered the same DVD and to this day have not received it, nor a response to my first two e-mails. I sent a third this morning telling them that if I didn't receive a refund this week, I'd contact the BBB or even the Attorney General's office. I am royally ticked off with this company. The website is also supposedly under construction, but a google search will get you a PO Box and phone number. If you haven't ordered from this company, DON'T. It's not worth the hassles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2/28/2008

    This guy is back again His new web page is ifounditvideos.com
    Go get him An obvious scammer

    ReplyDelete