Wednesday, February 06, 2008

I hate this class!

I took my first algebra test last night. It was challenging. I wound up taking nearly the entire two hours. I don't know that I did that well on it, there were fifteen questions of which I'm sure I got at least a half dozen right, then there was one question I left half-answered and another I didn't answer at all.

And another WebCT quiz is due this afternoon by 4 pm. I really wish she would change her deadline to midnight to submit these online because damn--we've all been preparing for this test which covered us through Chapter 2.5, why would we want to go too far beyond that chapter's homework and distract ourselves? But no, the next chapter's quiz is due this afternoon and I've only got my lunch hour to read the chapter and figure it out.

I'm really hating this class. It's consuming me and taking valuable time away from my other course--my major course---History.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/06/2008

    Good luck. Logan hated his college algebra as well. It was very time consuming and he is not math oriented. He made a B (with the curve) I know you can do it. Just keep reminding yourself it is only for a few months.

    By the way, did you know Mr. Powers is teaching 2 college math courses for Lake City Community College. I understand from one of his students that it isn't easy either.--ST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2/06/2008

    Suck it up, Jess. We can't have ejumacated peeps out there who don't know how to do math!Danny Kaye does a great job teaching the Pythagorean Theorem. Can you name the movie? ~RQ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Andrew, OF COURSE!

    There's no way Sma or me could get THAT ONE wrong!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's true...what is there about Danny Kaye that we DON'T know???

    ReplyDelete