Monday, March 31, 2008

I think they do it on purpose

Me thinks someone has been reading this recently...


















Get up at 5 am, turn on the coffee pot, feed Peepers and Pebbles, clean both litter boxes, prepare and pack our lunches, open the blinds, prepare breakfast, make the bed, shower, and get ready for work.

That's my morning routine--all in one hour and 15 minutes. So is it no wonder that I didn't really want to hear someone bitching at the top of their lungs about how much they hate BELLSOUTH DIALUP SERVICE at 5:00 in the morning!?!?!

Yes, I know Bellsouth SUCKS, but every time I call them I get some guy from India wanting to walk me through my settings, TCP/IP protocol, etc. etc. And again I tell them, it's not the settings, it's the service, to which they reply that there's something wrong with my computer. Really? Both computers? Not likely given the somewhat technical and oh so maintenance-happy individuals we are.

Trust me, it's the dialup. I think I'll just faint when Bellsouth or Alltel decide to actually wire DSL out where we are. Funny thing is my parents who are about ten minutes away have DSL through alltel, of course at times it sucks too (outages) but it's better than dialup.

This morning's usual went like this...

DH: "AAARRRRGGH (insert expletives of your choice here!) I HATE THIS F*CKING DIALUP!!!"

Me: "Well if it sucks so much why don't you call them?"

DH: "Because if I do it, I'll tell them where to go and then we'll be cancelling it"

Me: "I don't think so!"

DH: "Watch me"

Me: "Why don't you quit bitching? I'm tired of hearing it."

DH: "When you do what I ask you to do I will"

Me: "Yeah, what the f*ck-ever"

I'm sure if it were DH telling the story it would be quite different :)

7 comments:

  1. Hi guys! I have to agree that early morning bitching is a big problem. Please, let me have just a little bit of tranquility before I get drop-kicked into my day by reality. If you can't say anything nice, hold off until lunchtime. Hey Jess, that's our new bumper sticker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We encounter the same problems with Windstream, which used to be Alltel. I get the little guy in India who insists we go through the whole 'tsimmis' of unconnecting and reconnecting everything because there is most definitely a problem with our computers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Adding another cool saying to our list of moneymakers LOL*

    Basically customer service sucks. Hell that makes another great tee shirt slogan!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4/02/2008

    Oh yea, I'm buying the shirt and or bumper sticker.

    I have carried on many a lengthy conversation with people in other countries. Who knew getting a computer would make me so culturally diverse.--ST

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a suggestion, but maybe do the food prep BEFORE cleaning litter boxes?

    'Just sayin...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate when they put on someone from another country! They know nothing about nothing!

    Early Morning Bitching is the highlight of my life when I fall over something that my roommate has forgotten to pick Up!

    Have a good day!!

    Single

    ReplyDelete
  7. MIKE!!!! LOL You are a mess!! But I gotta Luv ya!!! ...

    ReplyDelete