Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My eye is on the Supreme Court today...

I'll be watching--well at least listening to this on CSPAN beginning 11:30 this morning. This is a very important precedent setting case. The anti-handgun advocates in DC argue that handguns increase crime (what? are you kidding me? in DC?) and 2nd amendment advocates and many DC citizens argue they should have the right to protect themselves and that the ban is unconstitutional.

If this ban is ruled unconstitutional, it us a huge victory for the people of DC and every city in America. If it is ruled constitutional we are in big trouble. And I mean big trouble. Every big city in America will begin the process of banning handguns one by one.

















Being the kind of person that I am, I've just got to believe the Supremes will rule on the side of right here. To me this case is a no-brainer but thanks to seedy lawyers mucking up and confusing the interpretation and meaning of the Constitution, it's not so.

When are our elected officials going to finally understand that criminals don't adhere to banning weapons? They don't care about our laws. If a bad person wants to commit a crime with a handgun, screw the law, they will find a way to do it. And so because of that, their potential victims MUST be able to protect themselves!!

No comments:

Post a Comment