Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Woe is me...

Four years I've been working on this degree in the evenings, spending so many hours seven days a week studying all so I can graduate in December and now I find out with the new summer schedule the math and history I need are not offered. The History department has no evening courses and the Math department has no summer C. I really need a long term for math.

I have two math, one history and an elective remaining. I could find some elective that fits my schedule I suppose, but they're not electives that interest me and I don't believe in wasting time on electives that aren't appealing to me. Also, I could possibly try the math course in Summer A or B. But...should I? Knowing math is my weakness-- I don't think so.

Jenn and DH say that I can take the summer off and relax.

Relax? What's that?

What should I do? If I've been working on it this long, what's another semester before I transfer right?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so sorry - how frustrating to be on the right track and working so hard and then have something completely out of your control derail you. Would your school let you take the required class online from another university? I've heard of that.

    Math is my weakness, too, but with the right teacher AND A LOT OF PRACTICE (ie, doing homework, why couldn't I have learned that at 13), I do great. See what you can find out about the teachers.

    There is also something to be said for giving yourself some downtime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We talked about this before. I feel the same way samantha does, you know that. Take time off and relax, take a break and start breathing normally again, you know you've earned it and it will not change how you feel, you'll get to where you want to be.

    ReplyDelete