Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Consider the longtime tenured faculty member...

who has taken it upon himself to send email around via the college listserv dissing the college administration and calling for a vote of "no confidence" under the guise that hundreds of faculty and staff have discussed with him the situation and stand behind him (yeah right!). First of all, I think it is very unprofessional to be sending an email like that around to every faculty, staff and student in the college, second, I think a vote of "no confidence" especially when the college's leadership did the very best they could, is not at all constructive and could lead to more problems. During the budget crisis, people need to stick together and help each other out. It's a very frustrating time for all of us. What we don't need is backstabbing and bickering.

For nearly a week this individual has sent these annoying emails. And for a week I've been waiting for someone to just come out and say "Please, will you just STFU? Thank you!"



























I might disagree with a lot of things at this institution but I'm not going to go out on a collegewide listserv which is intended for business purposes and start shooting off at the mouth about the administration. And I sure as hell am not going to diss my boss (my boss happens to be cool anyway!) and call for a vote of no confidence.

I can understand this professor is concerned with the situation, we all are, but there are more constructive ways to get the message across and what he's doing is not one of them.

1 comment: