Friday, June 13, 2008

A letter to Windstream and its CEO Jeff Gardner...

Dear Windstream...

You suck.

I don't know how else to say it.

So I'll say it again.

You suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Customer service is what your company is supposed to offer in exchange for customers paying you a rather chunky monthly portion of their hard-earned income. In exchange for their money you are supposed to provide a product and/or service that is worthy of the price being paid for it. We thought Alltel sucked and when you took over the DSL we thought "oh wow now things will improve" well we were wrong, you suck as bad as they did if not more.

Your customers are sick and tired of having their DSL go down every time the wind blows. They are also tired of calling India and having Bob, Mary, Sue Ellen and Henry insist that "if you would just check your filters" or "it must be your wiring" or "be sure to turn your computer off for a few minutes and then back on again" and oh this doozy "as long as you are getting 65% of the bandwidth we agreed to deliver, then you're getting good customer service" .

In the meantime while our service sucks, your CEO Jeff Gardner raked in $4.2 million last year.

While we're sitting here listening to Bob, Mary, Sue Ellen and Henry tell us to turn our computers off and on again, off and on again, your CEO gets company jet, the company pays his country club dues, gives him money for his own personal financial planning, and several million dollars extra in stock options.

Well, we your hardworking paying customers are tired of the bullshit. We're not paying for Bob, Mary, Sue Ellen and Henry to tell us to turn our computers off and on, we're not paying for 65% of service, we're not paying for you to put extra charges on our bill for things we never authorized, we're not paying for no service. And we sure as hell are tired of putting our hard earned money in your CEO's retirement account when we can't even get online to check OUR retirement accounts!

We're paying for a service and if you expect to be paid and if your CEO wants to keep his perks, then we expect you to provide 100% of the service we paid for. If you cannot provide it, then you need to close up shop and move on out.

Sincerely,


A few hundred thousand customers currently experiencing very shitty service

12 comments:

  1. Thank you for championing our cause!! You're a good daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9/04/2008

    Keep your heads up...India is gone for good after November. Windstream has already begun to bring the tech support back to the USA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been trying to get mine fixed for almost a year, to no avail.

    I'm seriously starting to think maybe a class action suit might get their attention.

    Thanks for saying what I wanted to say!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7/16/2009

    I couldn't agree more .. this company sucks way worse than Alltel.
    I'm sick of some asshole named steve from india telling me it's my fault when their own techs have been here dozens of times and say their lines suck. I sure wish satellite internet would come down in price ... if it did windstream would be history with me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11/25/2009

    I would join a class action suit! As would my neighbors.

    Here in AR (where Windstream is headquartered!!) many of us in NWA are not even offered BROADBAND! I am forced to pay for dialup service-- the shittiest, most frustrating waste of money I have ever spent.

    It goes down every time the wind blows as well, and though I get Tanika or Reynaldo (Americans who at least speak English), they are routinely at a loss as to how to run through the script in front of them when I cannot test my Internet service and be on the phone with them at the same time (because I have *dialup* duh!!!)

    Furthermore, Windstream does not even offer VOICEMAIL in my area, so that when friends or co-workers phone and I am online--- they cannot get through!!! Just endless ringing. Many believe I don't have an answering machine. Or, knowing that I'm home, wonder why I "choose" not to answer the phone.

    And guess what? The cheapest DSL is only $1 more than I pay for dialup!! You read that right. They charge us through the nose because they are a monopoly provider out here. There is nothing else.

    To add insult to injury, every time I call in for service I have to listen to 15 min. of advertising telling me how great Broadband is and what new, cheap bundles they offer (to other areas.)

    I LOATHE Windstream.

    Today they had the audacity to tell me that they no longer support my 4-yr-old operating system (Tiger 10.4) with their primitive 25-yr-old dialup system!!!

    Burn in HELL Jeff Gardner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Misery surely loves company and I'm amazed at how deeply this disatisfation permeates. WINDSTREAM SUCKS and if @GoonrGrrl or anybody else considers a CLASS ACTION, pls count me in. They need to be SHUT DOWN!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7/05/2011

    I agree 1oo% that windstream sucks. We have had slow speeds for the past five months and one outage after another. My internet has dropped 79 times in four days. You are running 118% what the hell do you expect. Jeff since you suck so well come suck my big d_ _ k.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6/24/2012

    My business phone has been down for 10 days. I have called EVERY day (most calls take over 30 minutes due to holds). Each day I am promised help. But no one comes. The service ticket is 06151201480. Calls are almost never returned and one supervisor even left me a phony number as a return number. Windstream is absolutely the most incompetent phone company out there, and while their phone people are polite they make excuse after excuse, lie about sending out people, and bottom line - they haven't tried in 10 days to repair a business phone line.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank You! I'm so frustrated with these thieves.

    I ordered basic Internet service from Windstream a year ago. I SPECIFICALLY stated to the representative (in a store), that I did not want any extra services, hidden charges or other "gotchas".

    Today, I became aware that my bill was far higher than I expected, and examinied the bill in more detail. I find that they have been charging me $17.99 a month for something called "Total Security Pack". A service that I did not ask for, was not informed was going to be added, and I have never used.

    They refuse to credit me back the charges. Their attitude is that if they manage to sneak the extras past you, and you don't notice, it's your fault.

    I feel this is a very underhanded practice - bordering on criminal. If you're unfortunate enough to be tied in to Windstream, check your bills monthly very carefully.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank You! I'm so frustrated with these thieves.

    I ordered basic Internet service from Windstream a year ago. I SPECIFICALLY stated to the representative (in a store), that I did not want any extra services, hidden charges or other "gotchas".

    Today, I became aware that my bill was far higher than I expected, and examinied the bill in more detail. I find that they have been charging me $17.99 a month for something called "Total Security Pack". A service that I did not ask for, was not informed was going to be added, and I have never used.

    They refuse to credit me back the charges. Their attitude is that if they manage to sneak the extras past you, and you don't notice, it's your fault.

    I feel this is a very underhanded practice - bordering on criminal. If you're unfortunate enough to be tied in to Windstream, check your bills monthly very carefully.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12/30/2012

    BURN IN HELL WINDSTREAM!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would join a lawsuit also. I would prefer the service that they advertise and that they sold to me. I am getting less than half the download speed I for which I have been paying. I am so aggravated about windstream. Have tried to have service improved with no results.. Thank you for a place to vent!

    ReplyDelete