Saturday, June 14, 2008

Sometimes when I'm having a shitty day, a great quote from a favorite movie makes me feel better...today I was thinking of "Get Shorty" with Dennis Farina (Ray "Bones" Barboni) and John Travolta (Chili Palmer)

Bones: "Let me explain something to you. Momo is dead. Which means that everything he had now belongs to Jimmy Cap, including you. Which also means, that when I speak, I speak for Jimmy. E.g., from now on, you start showing me the proper fucking respect. "

Chili: "E.g." means "for example". What I think you want to say is "I.e.".

Bones: "Bullshit! That's short for "ergo".

Chili: "Ask your man."

Ray's Bodyguard: "To the best of my knowledge, "e.g." means "for example".

Bones: "E.g., i.e., fuck you! The point is this: is that, When I say "jump", you say "OK", okay?



Yes, I had that kind of day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jess,
    It's Tricia from the dessert blog. Although cheesecake is definately not a diet food, mine are somewhat healthy. I use lower fat cream cheese and sour cream but no one would be able to tell. We are getting ready to move so this week is CRAZY. Let me know either by phone or e-mail if you want to order something. I can try to make what ever your sweet tooth desires!

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete